Friday, November 30, 2007

Hooded towels

I have a question for everyone. I make hooded towels for infants and toddlers that I have been selling. The ones I currently sell have a fabric border along the hood. They cost $20. I recently took a custom order, and the customer requested fabric borders along the sides of the towel. It turned out really cute, but it took and extra half hour and cost me an extra 20% in supplies. If I made all of the towels this way, I would charge $25. My question is, would you rather pay $20 for the more simple design, or have the extra detail for $5 more? I could use as many opinions as possible, so please put your thoughts in the comments section of this post. I have pictures of both, so you can get a better idea for what I am talking about. Thanks!


Towel with the extra detail on the sides

Towel with the fabric detail only on the hood

2 comments:

The Proctors said...

I think the fabric borders really look great. Do you think you will get faster at it over time? That may make the extra effort pay off.

The Allen Family said...

I would pay the extra for the fabric borders. You did a great job! Landon loves his towels with hoods. Where can I order towels from you? Thanks, Shannon Allen